Don’t Miss Out on Pool Safety Certifiers Information Like This

In NSW, there are different types of certifiers who are responsible for the inspection of a subdivision, private roads and drainage, fire safety, acoustics and much more.

But when it comes to swimming pool compliance and safety inspection, things are bit different because the local council and the private certifier can both do the job.

There are specific private certifiers who can carry out a comprehensive pool inspection and issue a certificate of compliance for your swimming pool and spa pool.

For swimming pool owners, there are certain things you need to know before getting a pool safety certifier. If you want to pick the right certifier for your pool safety inspection, then this blog post is for you.

Who are pool compliance certifiers?

A pool compliance certifier is a personnel who inspects swimming pools and spa pools at different stages. They make sure that your pool meets relevant Australian standards. Certifiers can also issue an applicable certificate (compliance or non-compliance) if the pool is safe for use.

In NSW, certifiers are grouped according to their qualifications, experience, and expertise. 

Types of Swimming Pool certifiers

There are different types of certifiers which are authorised by the Building Professional Board. Below are some of them.

          Category A1 – can certify all buildings

          Category A2 – can certify all class 1 and 10 buildings,  certain restrictions apply to class 2-9 buildings

          Category A3 – can certify class 1 and 10 buildings that meet the deemed-to-satisfy provisions of the Building Code of Australia.

          Category A4 – building inspector

          Category A5 – port development certifiers

          Category E1 – inspects and issues certificate of compliance under the Swimming Pools Act 1992

Apart from certifying buildings, A1, A2, and A3 certifiers can also inspect and verify compliances of swimming pools and spa pools.

What is the difference between E1 Certifier and A1-A3 Certifiers?

A1-A3 certifiers inspect buildings and infrastructures at different levels. Moreover, these certifiers can inspect pools but they need to email a request to join the Swimming Pool Register. Before they can carry out minor repairs, they should be authorised under the Home Building Act.

On the other hand, E1 certifiers can only do inspections in pools and spa pools. Some E1 certifiers also provide repair services in order to make the swimming pool compliant.

Why Choose an E1 or A1-A3 Certifier instead of council?

Both local council and private certifiers can conduct pool inspections and provide compliance certificates to pool owners. However, they may differ on the level of services they can provide.

An E1 or A1-A3 certifier can offer better services to their clients. For instance, local council may take about 3 to 4 weeks to finish an inspection. But, if you want a fast and better service, private certifiers can complete an inspection in a week or so.

You will only need to spend a little more if you choose a private certifier. Nevertheless, it all pays off knowing that most of their clients are satisfied with the services they offer.

When do you need a certifier to inspect your pools?

A private certifier is an accredited inspector responsible for carrying out a comprehensive pool fencing compliance inspection to make your pool barrier compliant. After the inspection, you can obtain a relevant compliance certificate for your pool. A certificate of compliance is needed when:

  • you are about to sell or lease your property with a pool
  • an inspection is recommended by the local council
  • as per requested


An expert E1 pool certifier can be your perfect companion as for completing a pool safety inspection. They are certified and have enough experience to ensure that your swimming pool complaince inspection is in safe hands.